- The information that we collect about you
- How we collect and store your personal information
- Why we collect your personal information
- Your rights
- How you can contact us to access, correct or discuss your personal information.
We will only collect personal information from you that is necessary to do business with you.
1. Personal Information
- Personal information is defined as information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in writing or spoken, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
2. Information We Collect About You
- We may ask you to provide personal information that generally consists of your name and contact details such as your email address, phone number, security clearance and physical business address. The use of this information will be in relation to account creation and use of services within our products.
- Additionally we may require personal information in relation to a job application such as your work history and referees. In these circumstances, the management of privacy information is detailed in the archTIS Employee Handbook along with the management processes to protect existing employee personal information.
- Some personal information may be considered sensitive such as your security clearance. We will only collect sensitive information that is needed to use our products from a business perspective.
3. How We Collect and Store Your Personal Information
- We collect your personal information through three key sources:
- Information you provide to use as a condition of using our services.
- Information collected using our service via technical means.
- Information provided to us by our business related third party network.
- We collect information from you when you:
- Order or register for our products or services.
- Activate, through agreement, our product or services.
- Interact with our client support, sales and support teams.
- Complete on-boarding information for the setup of our products and services.
- Register interest in our products and services directly to us or through our partners.
- When you use our product as Software as a Service, we may collect more technical browser and device generated information which could be constituted as personal information. This information includes but is not limited to:
- Your domain.
- IP address.
- Date, time and duration of your access.
- Page visits within the product.
- Information about your computer or device.
- Other information as required for audit purposes.
- When you use our services we may send one or more “cookies” – a small data file – to your computer to uniquely identify your browser and help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may convey to us anonymous information about how you browse the service. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser so that it can be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our service. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the service may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- We may receive your personal information from other sources such as our business partners. This information will only be stored when it is relevant to performing business with you.
- All personal information collected by us will be stored in a secure manner that is expected of an organisation providing security related products and services. We will make every attempt to secure both electronic and hardcopy information as would be expected by you.
- Your personal information is typically held on electronic databases and we take all reasonable steps in line with industry standards. Industry security standards are employed to protect your sensitive information.
- Hardcopy information is secured through the physical access controls employed at our security certified sites.
- We take all reasonable measures to protect your personal information when it is in our possession. We cannot guarantee the security and we advise you to take all reasonable steps to secure your personal information when transacting on the internet.
4. Why We Collect Your Personal Information
- Our collection of your personal information is justified, in the majority of cases, as a condition for processing on the basis that:
- The processing is necessary to perform under a contract for services.
- The processing is necessary to comply with legislative requirements.
- The processing is in our legitimate interests.
- We use your personal information to:
- Verify your identity.
- Provide you with products and services as requested by you.
- Operate, protect, improve and develop our products and services.
- Promote our products and services to you.
- Manage warranty issues.
- Respond to any feedback, queries or complaints.
- Deliver after sales and technical support to you.
- Provide you with additional information as requested.
- Provide you with marketing, product and event material that may be relevant to you.
- Participate in any third party acquisition or potential acquisition of an interest in us or our assets.
5. Why We May Disclose Your Information
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties so they can assist us with performing our responsibilities under our contract with you. The third parties may assist with marketing and sales services, technical delivery and support or other professional services related to our products.
- The third parties associated with us have contractual obligations which require them to manage personal information according to legislative requirements.
6. Your Rights
- You have a right to access and correct your personal information. If you provided the information to us, you can contact us and request access to your personal information content. We will action this request in a reasonable timeframe and will respond in writing.
- If there is an occasion where we cannot provide the information to you, we will advise you of our decision in writing. The complaint process outlined in this policy can then be used to progress the matter further.
- You may request the deletion or removal of personal information when there is no good reason for us to retain the information for processing or delivery purposes.
7. Questions, Concerns and Complaints
- Once we have received your complaint, we will investigate and respond to you, in writing, within a 30 day period.
- The contact details for the archTIS Privacy Officer are:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
archTIS Privacy Officer
Level 3 10 National Circuit
Barton ACT 2600