Redact Sensitive Information including Words, Phrases and Values in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF files and more
Redacting SENSITIVE information
Redaction is the process of masking or removing sensitive information from a document so it can be used and distributed while protecting confidential information for legal, compliance and security purposes. Commonly used in government and defense applications, redaction is a valuable tool for any industry that handles sensitive information including legal, law enforcement, education, financial services, healthcare, and manufacturing.
NC Protect can dynamically redact document content such as words, phrases and values from Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF documents based on fine grain access and data protection policies. For example, perhaps a user needs to access a specific document, however, it contains a credit card number they are not authorized to see. NC Protect can redact the credit card number and only show the portions of the document that the user has permission to view.
REDACTION Use Cases
- Classified Data
- Driver’s license numbers
- Financial documents and files
- Intellectual property (IP) or trade secrets
- Judiciary records
- Protected health information and other medical information
- Personally identifiable information (PII) (e.g., individuals’ addresses, dates and months of birth, etc.)
- Social security numbers
Redact SENSITIVE CONTENT in Documents with NC Protect
NC Protect can dynamically redact sensitive or confidential information when viewed in its native application (Microsoft Office and PDF) or when a file is presented in the NC Protect Secure Reader.
NC Protect can redact sensitive or confidential information:
- Remove/redact keywords or phrases in a document for legal, compliance or security purposes.
- Remove just the sensitive word/phrase/value or the whole sentence.
- Reaction can be applied when a document is viewed in its native application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF);
- Or when a file is viewed in the NC Protect Secure Reader (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, CSV and TXT).
Get Simple, Fast and Dynamic Information Protection &
Document redaction safeguards your company’s confidential and regulated data, helps manage governance and meet compliance requirements. Discover how easy it is to add document redaction and other advanced information protection capabilities to your security and compliance arsenal with NC Protect.
Let’s Get the Conversation Started
Learn how to leverage NC Protect to redact sensitive data and provide other advanced capabilities across your collaboration applications.