Dynamic Digital Security Watermarks
Use Digital Security Watermarks to Prevent Data Loss and Aid in Forensics
Add digital Security Watermarks to Prevent Data Loss and Aid in Forensics
Even with the variety of encryption and user rights management tools within your collaboration applications, how can you ensure that users are sharing information responsibly? Or that even the most determined user is dissuaded of bypassing sharing policies?
DLP and security tools aid in protecting documents, but there are ways to circumvent those systems. For instance, taking a snapshot of a document on your screen or a user thinking there is no way a leaked email or document could be traced back to them.
Digital Security Watermarks that adapt to users and use cases offer a perfect solution to augment your information security practices, providing a visual deterrent to prevent data loss and aid in forensics.
Benefits of Using Digital Security Watermarks
Watermarking sensitive documents can help in a variety of ways:
- It supplements user education and training relating to the safe handling of sensitive or proprietary information, providing users with a visual reminder of their responsibilities relating to the protection of the data.
- By having a digital watermark in the body of the document or email, the user is deterred from taking a picture with their mobile device and sharing in an unauthorized manner or using it for malicious purposes.
- Embed mandatory information and markings such as CUI Designator Labels and header/footers to meet compliance requirements for CMMC and NIST.
Dynamic Digital security Watermarks from NC Protect
NC Protect offers digital security watermarks that go beyond just stamping a document as confidential. Fully integrated with Microsoft 365 apps including SharePoint® Online and on-premises, OneDrive, Teams, Outlook and Office, as well as other file shares.
NC Protect’s Dynamic Digital Security Watermarks:
- Add a custom security watermark containing any combination of user or file attributes to Word, PowerPoint, Excel, PDF, and CAD files, images, as well as Outlook email for security and auditing purposes.
- Dynamically incorporate attributes such as the user’s name or email and the time and date that the file was accessed, creating a digital thumbprint that travels with the document.
- Watermark an entire document and /or individual images within a document.
- Embed CUI Designation Indicator markings including Owner Name, Controlled By, Category, Distribution/Limited Dissemination Control and POC, as well as headers/footers into documents as a persistent watermark.
- Can’t be removed – Users are able to share and edit watermarked document contents, but not the watermark itself, for security and auditing purposes.
- Deters users from taking photos of content and aids in tracking and forensics purposes in the event of a breach.
- Additionally, users can be forced to view sensitive documents in NC Protect’s secure web viewer for read-only access.
Get Simple, Fast and scalable Advanced Information Protection
Dynamic security watermarks add an addition layer of security to safeguard your company’s confidential and regulated data and avoid compliance issues. Discover how easy it is to add secure personalized digital watermarks and other advanced information protection capabilities to your security arsenal.
Data Sheet: NC Protect Advanced Watermarking
Video: Applying CUI Markings with NC Protect
Let’s Get the Conversation Started
Learn how to leverage NC Protect to secure sensitive data with digital security watermarks and other advanced capabilities.