Explore our open positions
Linux System Engineer - Canberra, AU
We are looking for a Linux Systems Engineer who is hardworking, team orientated, and enjoys a challenge. You will report to the Technical Lead and will assist in the deployment and delivery of archTIS projects and products whilst working with key stakeholders to deliver and support archTIS infrastructure services and solutions to the business. The Linux System Engineer will work with our software development teams to enhance our existing DevOps toolchain and automation strategy.
The Linux Systems Engineers will assist in the deployment and delivery of archTIS projects and products whilst working with key stakeholders to deliver and support archTIS infrastructure services and solutions to the business. Key responsibilities are;
- Design, build, maintain, and troubleshoot the archTIS infrastructure;
- Design and build of solutions composed primarily of both cloud and on-premise Linux Environments, with additional COTS products;
- Configuration and deployment of individual Oracle and Microsoft products;
- Development of custom configurations for technical components to allow the systems to meet security, architecture, automation, performance and functional specifications;
- Component testing of technical modules against test plans, use cases and functional specifications; and
- Documentation of the installation, configuration, customisation and development of technical components in accordance with archTIS architecture and document standards.
- Linux infrastructure skills and experience (CentOS/RedHat) OR
- Demonstrated experience producing high quality technical documentation;
- Strong experience in general IT system maintenance including monitoring, automation and scripting within Linux, Wintel and containerized (Docker) environments;
- Oracle skills: (Oracle WebLogic, Oracle DB; and Oracle IAM suite);
- Experience working with cloud technologies – Azure, AWS etc;
- Experience working with the SALT stack;
- Time management and planning skills;
- Self-motivated and action orientated; and
- Due to the nature of the work and our clients, you must be a current Australian citizen with the ability to secure and maintain a security clearance, prefer NV1 or above.
We keep it simple and focus on what matters; great people, innovative solutions, celebrate success, accountability, work hard and have fun along the way. We value initiative, ideas and listen to our people.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to reference the position you are applying for within the subject.
archTIS is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. We are culturally diverse and an inclusive organisation, we welcome applications from all individuals.