Don’t Let Dark Data Put You at Risk
The explosion of collaboration tools has been a boom for productivity and information sharing. Today more information is being created than ever before. The problem is that much of the information is Dark Data – organizations lack the detailed file analysis and data insight to ensure the correct security and governance is being applied. The risks are magnified when sensitive data including intellectual property, customer or employee personal data, or financial information are not properly managed. The ability to discover and classify data is essential to your data security best practices.
You need to ask yourself:
- Do you know where the unstructured content in your organization is being created, shared and stored?
- Are you sure that your sensitive data is adequately protected and only available to the appropriate individuals?
Data Discovery and Classification that’s
Simple, Fast & Scaleable
Get simple, fast and scalable advanced data classification and protection capabilities to prevent data breaches, unauthorized file access and accidental sharing across all of your data collaboration tools.
NC Protect finds your organization’s sensitive data, classifies and secures it with dynamic conditional security across your collaboration tools in on-premises, cloud or hybrid environments. Get dynamic granular access control and data protection, including encryption and user rights management, to mitigate risk and ensure secure collaboration of all business-critical data.
With NC Protect:
- Identify where all your sensitive data currently exists within the various data repositories and tools used to store it – on-premises, cloud or hybrid.
- Scan content at rest and in motion in the Microsoft 365 suite, SharePoint On-premises, Windows files shares, Dropbox, Nutanix Files and Exchange email.
- Classify documents automatically based on the presence of sensitive data.
- Over 200 ready to go classification policies identify and tag sensitive data including personally identifiable information (PII), cardholder data, protected healthcare data (PHI), IP or corporate confidential information.
- Supports custom rules that may include your taxonomy, keyword and pattern matching.
- Dynamically apply data protection and encryption that is driven by the content sensitivity.
- Track access to sensitive data as well as what actions that have been taken with it to provide a full audit trail that can be analyzed in Microsoft Sentinel or Splunk.