As increased cyber threats and regulations governing the handling of sensitive personal data, government and defense data are enacted, the ability to automate the discovery, classification and protection of sensitive information is critical across enterprise content management systems. To this end, archTIS recently extended NC Protect’s capabilities to support NetApp ONTAP to ensure we support a wide range of enterprise platforms. A NetApp Technology Alliance Program Preferred Partner, archTIS’ NC Protect now adds data-centric, dynamic policy-based access and security controls to NetApp ONTAP Windows File Share content.
Dynamic Protection at the Time of Access
NC Protect paired with ONTAP, protects information dynamically at the data layer in real-time when it is accessed. Together, the products provide a multi-faceted 360-degree layered approach to protect business-critical data that is accessed on Windows File Shares in ONTAP.
NC Protect’s integration into NetApp ONTAP provides sensitive data discovery and classification, dynamic policy-driven access control and data security capabilities for file shares. Access and security controls are dynamically adjusted based on real-time comparison of user context and file content to ensure users access, use, and share business-critical data according to set policies.
Additional data-centric security capabilities include a secure read-only viewer, dynamic security watermarks, visual marking of defense data, and file obfuscation to prevent unauthorized data access, mishandling and loss.
File Validated Integration with NetApp ONTAP
To ensure seamless integration, a field validation of NC Protect’s integration with NetApp ONTAP was performed. The product went through extensive field interoperability testing at NetApp and is now a field validated third-party solution for data protection and security. Customers can implement NC Protect with confidence in their NetApp ONTAP environment.
Key Benefits of NC Protect for NetApp ONTAP
NC Protect augments built-in ONTAP security functionality with the ability to:
- Automatically discover, classify, and restrict access to or encrypt files based on the presence of sensitive data.
- Control who can access files and how they can be used, copied and shared with dynamic fine-grain policies.
- Dynamically add custom security watermarks containing user or file attributes to sensitive or confidential Office docs and PDFs.
- Dynamically obfuscate/hide files from unauthorized users.
- Automatically encrypts sensitive files at rest and in motion.
- Enforce secure read-only viewing of sensitive/classified information with a built-in Secure Reader.
- Audits and tracks access to and usage of sensitive data to ensure transparency and compliance.